Mission and Values
Steere House is an independent non-profit organization, serving adults who require skilled, restorative and long-term care services within a secure and caring environment. Steere House also provides educational and research experiences that enhance the care of those we serve.
Statement of Values
The following values guide the Board of Directors and staff in decision-making and daily work. These shared values are the “glue that binds us together”. We strive to:
- Be a center of excellence in the care of adult residents.
- Inspire and encourage those within our care to enjoy the fullest quality of life possible.
- Remain financially stable and utilize our resources in a wise and prudent manner.
- Strive for full dignity and autonomy in making decisions and to support those decisions in an ethical manner to the best of our ability.
- Utilize an inter-disciplinary team approach when setting goals for the care of each resident.
- Maintain a clean secure environment, appropriate working equipment and adequate supplies to ensure quality of life and quality of care for each resident.
- Promote a policy of non-discrimination regarding race, creed, gender and sexual orientation.
- Implement a continuous improvement process in our daily operation.
- Support our employees through fair and equitable compensation and encourage all employees to attain their maximum potential in career development and training.
- Be an integral part of the surrounding community.